Header Ads

SNAKE LEFT US HOMELESS!


WHEN clouds gathered over Ga-Rankuwa’s zone 14, north of Tshwane, residents thought they would soon be blessed by soothing rain.
But the heavy clouds turned against them – and soon huge hailstones attacked, accompanied by vicious lightning and angry winds.
People who had minutes before rushed inside for safety could only look on as “Mamlambo” – the rain snake – sent roofs flying as it ripped their shacks apart!
The incident that left many homeless and searching all over for their zinc roofs happened in the early hours yesterday morning.
Some even suggested that the storm was a punishment for the area which has become known for vicious crimes and mob justice.
Residents told Daily Sun they first thought an aeroplane was falling as people were seen fleeing their homes, followed by flying zinc roofs.
Many said it was a Mamlambo attacking.
Kgothatso Ramoshaba (14) said: “I saw something like an aeroplane and I called my mum because of the scary noise coming from it.
“It had a white light and flames and then the thunder started getting stronger,” she said.
Maida Makgafola (44) was the only person injured during the whole incident.
“We were about to eat when we heard a huge noise. Suddenly the sofa I was sitting on turned around and flew metres across the room,” she said.
“When I came to, I was under the sofa. The wardrobe and other furniture had landed on top of me.”
She said her beds were wet and her shack was completely destroyed.
Onicca Mnisi (49) said her belongings were scattered all over the area by the storm.
“I found my roof in the street. Everything has been damaged,” she said.
Edith Kamela (57) said she just heard a strange sound and the next moment her shack was flying in the air.
“I don’t have anything left. I don’t know where I will sleep with my grandkids because all the bedding is soaked,” she said.
Source: Dailysun

No comments:

Theme images by rami_ba. Powered by Blogger.