Header Ads

I WANT MY LOBOLA!


EVERYTHING was set and the guests already invited to the white wedding set for 6 December.
Zwelithini Thusi could not wait to marry his sweetheart of 10 years whom he had supported by paying for her sangoma training.

But two weeks before the big day, the wedding was called off – because the bride suddenly said her ancestors disapproved of the groom!
The 39-year-old Zwelithini from Hammersdale, west of Durban said his fiance Thobile Khumalo (42) dumped him like a used condom.
The spurned lover said he wanted his lobola back.
“I supported her financially but now I realise she never loved me. She only used me. If I had known I wouldn’t have paid lobola for her,” said an angry Zwelithini.
He told Daily Sun that he spent huge amounts of money preparing for the wedding as he wanted it to be unforgettable, and now he had a lot of debt.
“I don’t understand how we got to this point. We’ve been planning for the big day, but now she is gone,” said Zwelithini.
He said he didn’t understand why the ancestors would not approve of him now after they had been living together for 10 years.
He said they had never experienced problems in their relationship.
“I don’t care anymore. She can go, but I want my lobola back. I want her to pay back every cent and also the money I used for her training as a sangoma,” said Zwelithini.
He said he couldn’t even speak to Thobile because every time he tried to reach her, she threatened to call the cops.
Zwelithini said he would never again trust a woman!
According to Daily Sun  Thobile confirmed that she knew Zwelithini. She also confirmed that they were going to get married but her ancestors disapproved.
“He won’t get any lobola back,” she said.
“In my culture, Zwelithini can get his lobola back if someone else decides to pay lobola for me,” said Thobile.
She said it also depended on whether the ancestors agreed to pay the lobola back.
Thobile also confirmed that Zwelithini supported her financially and bought a cow for her graduation ceremony.

No comments:

Theme images by rami_ba. Powered by Blogger.